Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Teachers are so funny.

So, maybe it's because it's the end of the year or maybe they're all brainwashed at staff meetings, but most of my teachers have gone crazy.
First of all, they keep making inappropriate comments that aren't really inappropriate but become so when said in front of high schoolers. Last week at a Quiz Bowl party, we were all playing Scrabble (Dear God, the nerdiness of that sentence...) and were joking about whether or not "numping" was a word. So my chemistry teacher, who was listening, was all like "Yeah, just use it in a sentence. Y'know, like 'I was numping around the neighborhood.'" Yep. And on Monday, I was standing outside the orchestra room when one of my friends started shaking my shoulders. My director came out of his office and said "Hey! Hands off the merchandise." To which I replied (after he'd left), "Wait a second...guys, am I a prostitute?"
General craziness also appears to be an issue. My Geometrey teacher constantly uses sound effects, but she's been using them a TON lately. And she keeps laughing at things that aren't really funny for a really long time. My English teacher is just kind of insane and ADD all the time, so nothing has really changed much there.

Guys, the end of the year is so close I'm about peeing my pants with excitement. (Not really, in case you were concerned). I only have to wake up 9 more times this year.
Interesting tidbits about my day:
There was a duck hanging out in a puddle on the roof. On. The. Roof.
We discoverd my friend Joe is the Pillsbury Doughboy. He's not fat, he just has big blue eyes and giggles when you touch his bellybutton.
Orchestra involved me getting the keys to the back room, getting three boxes of candy bars out of the back room, and then with ninja-like skills managing to close and lock the door whilst carrying three boxes of candy bars.
My Chemistry teacher asked "When there's a fire, who are you gonna call?" to which several people answered "GHOST BUSTERS!"
I learned how to spell Chernobyl. If that is indeed how you spell it.
We decided Chernobyl would make a lovely vacation hot-spot.
My Geometry teacher and I tried in vain to hook up my turntable to several different things, including the projector and the TV.
I completely forgot to bring my turntable home. adfpoaiuerak;jlhgalkgh.
There was dissappointment over a fight scene in A Lesson Before Dying. (The movie)

That's all, folks. Cue Porky the Pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment