Monday, May 2, 2011

Butt Kicking

I wish I could kick Glenn Beck's butt. What a crazy right wing nutter. I could just type up this whole thing ranting about Glenn Beck. Nice blackboard. Wow. 40 Day/40 Night challenge? What, does he think he's Noah? Does he think God has shined his light upon him? Well, I'll tell ya what, Glenn Beck, YOU SUCK. Dear me. Oh my goodness.
In other news, the Navy SEALs got Bin Laden. For some reason, that kinda scares me a little. Is it pessimistic to expect retalliation? These are terrorists we're talking about, and we just killed their leader. Does that sound conservative? I dunno. I'm somewhat uneasy about this whole thing. And I'm somewhat uneasy about how much America is celebrating a death right now. I know how bad he was and stuff, but still, it's a little morbid. Now I sound like a hippie. Peace and love, man. Yeah.
And guess who kicked old man butt today? That's right. Me. I don't know if this is something I should be proud of, but I went on a "brisk walk" with my dad this afternoon and walked faster. I know, right? It's so difficult to walk faster than a 47 year old man. Yeah, yeah, whatever, not 47 for like 3 months. Close enough.
Is anyone else struck by how similar all politicians look? They're all old, staunchy white guys. Except for Obama, I guess. They're calling him "gutsy" on Fox News. And courageous. Interesting. Not that I don't agree, but it is Fox News.
This wasn't going to be such a political post, but then we started watching Glenn Beck just to see what he would say about Bin Laden. It's honestly sickening. Yes, I know how historic this is. Yes, I know that Osama Bin Laden was a terrorist and he threatened America. Yes, I know he was basically behind 9/11. But for God's sake, can we stop talking about how amazingly awesome it is that he's dead? Dead, people. It just doesn't sit well with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment