Friday, October 21, 2011

Y'know, words and stuff and things.

So, here are some updates for you cool people who care about my life and stuff. Also, Countdowns happen.

Countdown to NaNoWriMo: 9 freakin' days.
I'm terrified. 50,000 words in 30 days. Whatever I manage to spew out, I sincerely hope it's worth the read. I've been playing around with a couple of ideas now, and for those of you interested I can e-mail you the finished product when/if I finish. If it happens, and you read it, please give me some feedback. I am also now going to have to find time to write a novel every day next month. Yay. Challenge accepted.

Countdown to The Fault in Our Stars: 3 MONTHS AND 10 DAYS!
I think. My math isn't great, people. For those of you who do not read John Green books, you need to start. Today. Right now. Go to the library. Go to the bookstore. Come to my house. Read some John Green. Preorder his latest book on Amazon for ten bucks. All preordered copies will be signed. I am so excited to read this book. The cover was recently released, and I really like it. I think it's simple and striking and very worthy of a John Green novel. Seriously, go read some Green.

The Final Countdown: Pottermore. Registration at the end of the month, access time unknown.
Dear JK Rowling and the other people in charge of Pottermore:
Do you know how stressful it is to not know what house I'm really in? Do you? And then to tell me that although I can register at the end of the month, my account may not be activated for a few weeks and/or months? You're giving me a complex.
Love,
Erin.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sweet Stalker. Do you really think you won't end up in Gryffindor? I mean really? I got Ravenclaw and Nicole got Slytherin, (Not surprising actually after dutch dance). OH! I'm glad you like the cover of TFIOS because apparently not a lot of Nerdfighters do, I like it, it's classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to be in Gryffindor. I REALLY need to be. And at first I wasn't crazy about the TFiOS cover, but then I read The Yeti's blog post and saw some other stuff that changed my mind. I think a lot of people are just disappointed that a Nerdfighter's design didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete