Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chloe

So, most of you guys know that I've been gearing up for cross country this summer, and I'd like to share a story with you that has sort of affected our team and our coach and the way we do things.
A couple weeks ago, Coach told us about a little girl named Chloe who is four years old. She has cancer. I'm not sure what kind of cancer she has, but it's heartbreaking to think of a girl that little and sweet having to deal with this. You can find her family's blog here and the crew that's helped get her an air conditioner here.
So what does this have to do with us?
On our run Monday, I ended up in the back with my coach and asked her how Chloe was doing. We also discussed  an idea on how to help her and her family out by doing a sponsored run. We would ask for people to sponsor us per mile we run. It would probably be during a whole week of practice, so we'd have like a "Chloe Week" or something.
Our Coach told us to keep in mind that we run because we can, and that it's really a blessing that we can go out and run for a few miles.
Guys, this is really important to me. I'm sorry if this is a bit of a break from my usual humor, but this is a serious thing for me. So thanks for sitting through this and stuff, there will be some comic relief sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment