Thursday, April 21, 2011

My iPod helps me survive the Zombie Apocalypse

Inspired, once again, by HayleyGHoover of The Hayleylujah Chorus, I decided to play the zombie game.

--Pause briefly while I go locate my iPod, a key player in this game--

Alrighty. Let's lay down the law: go grab your iPod and put it on shuffle. Every song that comes up is part of your Zombie Apocalypse soundtrack.

1. The overall theme for the apocalypse:
MMMBop by Hanson. This is going to be one heck of a ride.

2. The song that plays when I kill my first zombie:
I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan. YEEESSSSSS!!!! It knows what it's doing, I swear.

3. The song that plays while I'm being chased by a horde:
Not Meant to Be by Theory of a Deadman. Okay...that one's a stretch. Maybe. Maybe I'm Not Meant to Be dead. See? There.

4. When I kill my loved one:
Only the Young by Journey. That's quite the upbeat song to kill my loved one to. And here I sit, running it through my head, trying to find a single lyric that could possibly go along with this.

5. When I find a group of survivors:
My Girl's Ex-Boyfriend by Relient K. Number 2's comment is becoming increasingly untrue.

6. When I meet my new love interest:
Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae. Okay, I could see that.

7. When I make my final stand:
Fix You by Coldplay. Iiiiinteresting.

8. When I think I've survived it all:
Walk This Way by Aerosmith. Oddly enough, I can kinda see this one. Like "Oh, yeah, walk this way, freakin' zombie! Yeah! Yeah! Not so bad after all, huh, son?! Just don't kiss me!"

9. When I discover a bite mark on me:
I Don't Wanna Be by Gavin DeGraw. That one actually fits pretty perfectly.

10. The song during the end credits:
Complicated by Avril Lavigne. That's a keeper.

So there you have it. Even if I am killed by zombies, at least it'll have some good music to it.
Otherness: I finished Water for Elephants today. And by finished it today, I mean I read pretty much the whole thing today. It was spectacular.
Also, I was sick, which gave me plenty of time to do it. I also watched some Modern Family and some Glee reruns. And Celebrity Jeopardy from SNL. I think that's it. Ok. Sooo. Yeah.

I hope you LOL'd a little while reading this. Is LOL'd redundant? Or does it just not make sense? I think it just doesn't make sense. So instead of saving time and abbreviating, which has just caused me to be all confused and stuff, I'll just conclude by saying I hope you laughed out loud a little. There. I know I did.

Also, you can find HayleyG's list here.

No comments:

Post a Comment