Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Why Young 'uns are usually way more fun

The inspiration from this post comes from my the eighth grade friends I hung out with pretty much all day today. We had a cast party for our recent production of the Music Man, so I went over to the church we were holding it at immediately after school with three 8th grade girls. After we hung around there for a while, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings where our theatre department was holding a fundraiser. So here's why I think it's more fun to hang out with them than any of the other 9th graders in the cast: They. Have. More. Fun.
Instead of clumping about in little secluded groups and talking about stuff that nobody else really knows about, the 8th graders jump around and dance and joke inappropriately and all sorts of other immature things. I don't know why they appeal to me so much more, but it's probably because I joined theatre when I was in 8th grade and may just be used to the immature fun we have. Heck, we hung out on a playground talking about Glee for like half an hour. At  BDubbs, this one kid found out that I hate the word moist and took one of the moist towelettes and waved it in my face yelling "MOIST MOIST MOIST MOIST MOIST!!!" The same kid was my out-of-the-loop buddy, because we were sitting at the end of the table and had no idea what anyone was talking about most of the time. When we got to the actual party, we hung around and tested our strength and played with hula hoops and such. We drank slushies out of jars and put duct tape over each other's mouths when nobody would shut up while we were watching the recording of the show. Tag was played, pictures making fun of Barbie people were taken, and a mini-rave was had. Overall, it was a successful night and I desperately need to go to bed. Bottom line: Immarurity makes everything fun. You're not cool if you're not enjoying yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment