Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Mom is Cool.

Apparently my video game haze did not last as long as I figured. I'm having some trouble wording this, to be honest, and I'm not totally sure why. Perhaps my brain is slowly shutting down, repeatedly slamming on the "SLEEP, YOU IDIOT!" button. It's okay, though, because tomorrow, for the first time in forty days, I will be drinking coffee. I'll probably be in a caffeine craze for most of the day, Easter-ing it up at top speed. It's an exciting prospect.

Today's post comes to you in two parts. Part one: a summary of my day so far. Part two: a movie review. Yes, that rhymes. I'm a poet and I didn't even know it, and all that crap.

After being rescued from the clutches of two six year olds and Lego Batman, my mom and I spent a significant amount of time driving around downtown. Unintentionally, of course. Basically every street in the downtown area is one-way, so if you can't find a parking spot or forget that you have to deposit the checks, you could find yourself driving around in circles for a while. All that driving was famishing, so we got some fast food and then stopped at the car wash to get the van cleaned for my brother's Prom. We had a small picnic on the grass island outside Quality and talked about education and diversity. My mother and I always seem to fall into intellectual conversations with each other, whether we mean to or not. When the car was significantly cleaner, we came home and she went shopping. My brother's friends came over to get ready, and they were just as bad as all my friends getting ready for a dance. At one point, one of them came dashing up the stairs yelling for me and asking for safety pins. I thought it was pretty hilarious. We took pictures in the park by the lake, where it was windy and cold and I felt bad for all the girls in their strappy dresses. But it was a success, and my mom and I went to see a movie after, which brings me to part two.

Water for Elephants. This is a book that I read in entirety in a single day. Thankfully, the movie was not dissappointing. The plot points and characters were somewhat rearranged, but everything managed to fall into place in the end much like the book did. No spoilers here, I promise. I was really impressed with the actors. Honestly, I was a little dubious about Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon, but they were actually pretty fantastic. I swear it was the best I've ever seen Robert Pattinson act. And look, for that matter, but we won't go there. There's something very old-Hollywood about Reese Witherspoon, too, which totally worked for the role. Overall, I'd give it about a four out of five stars.

Alright, I guess I should listen to the button-pushers in my head now. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment