Friday, August 12, 2011

Drunken Party Apologies

This is the point at the figurative party in my head where I get fall-down drunk and start apologizing to people for everything under the sun. Including you, my faithful Blogians, who I failed last night by not submitting a post. I'll even be the first to admit that I have no good excuses besides that it completely slipped my mind. It was, however, the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning. I wasn't even that tired last night, nor was I going to bed that late. As a matter of fact, I had plenty of time to blog, but I just didn't. I remember something vaguely gnawing at the back of my mind as the Glee Project ended on Hulu and I closed my browser, but instead of thinking about any other important things I had to do, I just climbed right in to bed and fell asleep.

Translated into Drunk Girl At Party, I believe it's something along the lines of, "I am soooooo sorry, but I just (makes I-Don't-Know gesture and rasberries) FORgot to blog last night. And then, I 'member, I woke up this mornin', and I was like, (gesture/rasberry) WOOOPS, forgot to blOOOOg! An' I wasn't even tired or anything, but, nope, juuuust forgot! (gesture/rasberry)".

I find it funny how you could substitute Drunk Girl At Party for Five Year Old Boy Making Excuses. Both are reasonably similar, I suppose. I've seen more five year olds than drunks, so there you go. Well, tonight I actually am tired, so I'm going to bed before I fall asleep at the keyboard. Good night, my Blogians!

(On that note, I was thinking to day, why are ArgentinIans from ArgentinA, but AmericAns are from AmericA? That didn't translate as well into text as I thought it would. If you're curious and you know me, I'll do the emphasis in person for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment